Want to learn how to save money on gifts this Christmas?
If you are going to buy gifts this year, the key to avoiding a holiday season that drains your bank account is to start planning early. GUARDIAN INSURANCE AGENCY give you the top 6 money saving tips for steering clear of holiday debt and starting the new year in better financial shape:
1. Plan it. Before you shop online or enter the chaos of the shopping mall, take ten minutes at home to create a spending plan that lists who you need to buy for and how much you will spend.
2. Use discounted gift cards. How would you like $100 worth of gifts for $80? You can purchase discounted gift cards for hundreds of online/offline retailers including the Apple Store, Radio Shack, Sears, Home Depot, and others. Discounts are usually 5%-30% off the face value of the card. Check out GiftCardRescue.com and GiftCards.com.
3. Use social media. Before you start shopping, start following your favorite retailers on Twitter and Facebook. Many companies offer discounts exclusively to their Twitter followers and Facebook friends. A quick search of their recent posts may reveal money-saving discount codes.
4. Barter via online chat. When you're shopping online, look for a "chat" or "live help" button. Tell the customer service rep you'd like to shop with them but you want a 15% discount. Ask them to check with their manager or you will abandon your shopping cart and click over to their competitor. This won't work all of the time, but when it does it will save you money.
5. Find discount codes. I never buy anything online without trying to find a discount code first. I've literally saved hundreds of dollars and it doesn't take more than a minute. Simply go to RetailMeNot.com, SecretPrices.com, and FreeShipping.org to pull up all of the available discounts for your store. Use the discount code during the checkout process to get free shipping or to save 20% or more.
6 Make a promise that you won't buy anything for yourself. When you're shopping for gifts, it's easy to be tempted to buy for yourself. Make this season about others, not you -- and remember that the items you want will likely be less expensive during the after-season sales.
If you follow these money saving tips, you will put more green and less red into holiday shopping this year.
In GUARDIAN INSURANCE AGENCY, located in Fairburn, Lagrange and Norcross we want to help you save money!
For more Information contact us: (706) 884-5006 or (770) 969-5666
Please visit us: www.go-guardian.com